To avoid any payment delays, you should submit your claim to
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our call centre on 0115448300 as soon as possible.
Funeral claim payments are made within 48 hours after all documents have been received.
The claim form includes a list of supporting documents that must be attached when sending in the claim.
- A certified copy of the death certificate;
- Certified copies of the ID of the claimant and deceased (in case of a child provide abridged birth certificate);
- BI-1663 form from the hospital or funeral parlour must be attached when claiming;
- An affidavit by the member/ dependant/ beneficiary confirming the relationship with the deceased, i.e. wife or brother;
- Copy of bank statement of the person claiming the benefit showing claimant’s name, stamped by the bank OR letter from the bank confirming bank details, must have name and ID or passport number on the letter. If no ID and only passport, letter from the bank is always required. No third party payment will be made (for any benefit)
The Insurer 3Sixty Life has been appointed to provide the Fund’s funeral cover with effect from 1 January 2019.